View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 02:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

my chiro and PT and hellerworked have been trying to loosen the thoracic spine for months. In fact, hypomobile might be a generous wod for them , they just won't budge. My thought is that the muscles are just clenched tight because of long thoracic nerve aggravation. My traps and rhomboids are in constant spasm, worse on the left side. It is one of many things I am hoping will have a chance to resolve after surgery.

Regarding your question about pronounced ribs- my PT does observe that on certain days when symptoms are better or worse on one side that my ribs and muslces are tighter/looser on that given side. She can generally feel the ribs in the back somewhere in the knot that is my trapezius muscle, not so much in the front. It used to be that on the left she could feel my ribs go up and down with a breath but on my right the rib was stuck up high and would not move. At that time, my hips would tend to be out of alignment in the opposite way. They eventually were able to get my ribcage released (the one really permenant lasting change from PT and hellerwork was loosening the lats and releasing the ribcage most of the way) and both sides go up and down now and my hips stay in better alignment (i think because I am not compensating for crooked ribcage anymore)

As for my wrists, my pain is different that yours- mine is kind of a burning knot that feels as if it is in the center of my wrist ....Sharon butler said to stretch the lats and armpits for that kind of pain. My wrists have hurt somewhat less since my lats were loosened, but not gone. I have also really cut computer time over tha last several months and since I got Dragon in December so I am not 100% sure if there is a connection.

Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote