View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 03:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalkire View Post
So 1 week since my surgery and I feel like a mack truck hit me and is still sitting on my shoulders/neck area. I cant lift my arms and have a horrible pain. BUT I can swallow better from day one than it was the entire 7 months after my first acdf. I cant find much info though on anyone who has had both an anterior and posterior procedure in one day. They went through the front removed the plate and screws then went in back and put in rods and screws c3-c6. pain seems gone from shoulder and arm now numbness comes and GOES so figure that is just swelling induced? Thoughts feedback info?????? anything????
Could be inflamation but I can't help but wonder if also could be from surgical positioning on the table. I just wonder of that sometimes because I had acdf and woke up with horrible right shoulder pain which was severe. I still get nasty flare ups in the shoulder. I remember years ago during my cancer surgery which was on my leg --I was awake during that surgery but numb from the spine down--- I remember being on the table with arms extended and tied down and legs were streched so far apart almost to the point of doing the splits. Im not sure if they use any kind of traction device during cervical fusion but u were flipped on both sides--I only had anterior but my brother had posterior and I know posterior is harder on recovery because they have to cut all that muscle on the back on the neck. The only problem is because of bleeding no antinflamtory meds are allowed for long time after fusion surgery.

Last edited by mg neck prob; 03-19-2013 at 04:24 PM.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-24-2013)