Thread: Ablation??
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Going back in for the nerve root test tomorrow and Fri. Have decided that ablation and/or fusion is the only option. Wasn't allowed to get my steroid shoulder shots as they would interfere with test results, so shoulders not happy.

Is looking like C7-T1 is main culprit and may require a fusion. They don't know if they can go in from the front, as they did for my other two cervical fusions, but will x-ray my neck to see how long it is, otherwise entry will be from the back.

What's weird about the diagnostic nerve block test is it sounds like they're not looking for pain reduction when I'm given the anesthesia in the shots, but they want to know how long until I feel the anesthesia wearing off. Rather odd, I think. Would think they'd want to know about reduction of pain/symptons, not what exact time the anesthesia wears off. Will have to ask them about that tomorrow.

Will keep you posted as I'm able. I do think that being on the computer makes it worse so have not been on much at all.

Pooh: I know a person who has a pain pump and I think you would be able to continue your regular duties after recuperation time. She said that she's on tinier doses of medicine compared to what she need to take beforehand as the medicine goes straight into the spinal system and does not need to go through the stomach, etc., where it looses some of its efficacy.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-23-2013), Mark56 (03-23-2013), pooh_ac (03-20-2013), Rrae (03-22-2013)