Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS01 View Post
Among numerous other neurologic injuries - which I'll write about elsewhere sometime - I have some damage to my spine. It appeared without trauma one night in 2007 and has been consistent since then, not getting worse nor better. MRI and CAT shows nothing.

If I keep my neck strainght and my shoulders back, I'm fine. If I let either shoulder slump forward, I get parasthesia in the corresponding ring finger and little finger. If I bend my neck forward, I get parasthesia in those two fingers on both sides.
I experience it on one or both sides almost every night because I tend to curl up a bit when I sleep. Based upon comments from my wife, once I get curled up, it takes about 10 minutes to become painful enough to wake me up. It happens once or twice every night. This has been going on nightly since 2007.

Thanks
What kind of work or hobbies/activities do you do?
The parts I quoted from your post sound quite a bit like Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS). Especially if you had no injury or trauma to speak of.
Was the MRI/CT scan of your cervical spine?
TOS rarely shows on EMG/NCV , but it could be showing as a double or triple "crush" which might be TOS plus carpal tunnel and/or cubital tunnel.
Besides the hand sx and I saw a mention of headaches (a possibly related TOS thing also) due to trigger points and neck muscles spasms.
Is your neck tight and upper back have sore spots?
If any of those sound familiar we have a thoracic outlet syndrome forum here where you can read more about it.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum24.html

If you have many various symptoms I suggest posting a new thread on our New Members forum and listing everything in one place - someone may see a pattern or have a clear idea for you to look into.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum88.html