View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

To Mrs. D and enbloch

I hear you both.
I am holding the Plaquinil just now until I have completed the eyeexame with my opthomologist. This doctor has been keeping a very good "eye" on me. He probably saved my life in a sence( which is too long of a story)I went to him when I first had the scotoma, headache and vertigo, so he investigated and found aneurysm and all the other things. This doctor has me go through complete exame with visual field test an all every 6 months.

I tend to think the same way, that all medications have long lists of side effects, and I always read through. Drug companies has to protect their liabilities. I was verbally informed by prescribing physician regarding the serious, but seldom side effects of Plaquinil. ,the eye things being the worst. But I must say, neuropathy was not one of them. That was why I now reacted as I did.
So, I have to brobably weigh the risks versus the benefits, as you said.

And I am aware of the half life, so would be ashame to interupt the effect already obtained.
I am hoping to find the cause of the neuropathy soon. And I do think I have found the right doctor.
( the neuropathy burning and parasthesia is so bad, I was up most of the night last night,and it ended me up in the ER the other day . The parasthesia in arm was so heavy I thought I had a stroke again)

Yes, I will read up on regarding hemocysteine. I can not remember if I had a bloodtest on this. But I do know that my opthomologist said I had a precondition/or early macular degeneration and started me on Aredium vitamins for eyes.

Question:
I have learned there is a connection between scotoma(which is a symptom/warning sign?) , migrane and stroke. because I had it all, and experienced the frightening effects.

So is Hemocysteine the key for routine check for prevention of stroke and othe vascular problems, possibly vasculitis as I have?
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote