View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CMT symptoms - problems with cast

Hello All-

Not to hijack another thread, what is the correlation between not having hair on toes and calves with CMT? Some common, what shall I call side effects or symptoms, never appear on websites for CMT. I find it interesting to hear on forums things that people find they share with other sufferers-

On another note, I had ankle surgery and was terrible rubbed by my cast (another thread). I had it taken off to have the stitches removed, and found a huge blister on my heel, terrible bruising on the bony outside of my little toe, and SEVERE nerve trauma to the top half of the outside of my foot. I had told the Dr before surgery that I have PN and he seemed to have no concern what so ever. It never occurred to me that if wearing athletic shoes causes major discomfort that heaving a cast rubbing my foot would be horrible. The Dr. did not put another hard cast on my foot due to the damage that was done by the other one. I really cant wear my "blow up cast" either because of the pressure it puts on the damaged areas. Luckily, I am able to spend most of my day with my foot up on pillows without cast, which the Dr. said was ok to do. 3 1/2 more weeks of non-weight bearing on my ankle!! UGHHHH!!!!!

Judie

Last edited by judiesva; 03-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.
judiesva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote