View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 05:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Did any of you have a 360 or just the front done? I think and this is just my opinion, of course, that when the docs do these surgeries, they should fuse the back of the neck as well. I am not going to tell you that it is not painful to have the back of your neck cut open and fused, but there are bone spurs that contribute to the neck and shoulder and arm pain I am certain. My surgeon went into the back and fused with rods and screws. It was a very painful surgery, but I woke up with no pain ...The only problem now is that I am experiencing more degeneration and pain again. I also just read a study that you experience the dominoe effect more quickly with a 360 (round the world) because the fusion is more rigid. I see my surgeon in August for re-evaluation for surgery again. We knew C3 was diseased before this fusion, but it was not symptomatic. He only did a microdiscetomy at C7 too which I think has reherniated because my fingers are going numb again. I am now showing disease at C2 though. I dread more surgery however and do not know if I would allow it so soon.

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote