View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Bob:

I went to the algorithm information.

It said this,"Nerves are composed of different types of axons. Large, myelinated axons include motor axons and the sensory axons responsible for vibration sense, proprioception and light touch. Small myelinated axons are composed of autonomic fibers and sensory axons and are responsible for light touch, pain and temperature. Small, unmyelinated axons are also sensory and subserve pain and temperature. Neuropathies involving primarily the latter two fiber types are called small-fiber neuropathies."

If you think I can understand most of that, forget it. So here's my question. I have diabetes and most recently, I burn, and then I freeze (only my feet). I don't have pins and needles. I only had the pins and needles (and burning) on the day the podiatrist used that vibrating tool on me. Never got the pins and needles again. I have burning and freezing of the feet),I can feel everything that touches any part of my feet (except for the tips of my toes, at least that's what my doctor at Cornell told me). I don't have any problem with sheets being on my feet, or socks or anything like that. I don't have any stabbing, or electric shocks. And the B-12 methyl seems to make the burning much less problematic.
So what do I have?? Small fiber, large fiber, axonal, large mylinating, demylinating, sensory, WHAT???? Your best guess!!!!!

Thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 05-08-2007 at 07:22 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote