View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all for your suggestions and experience. Yes, I do need to work, for those who asked. This job was to supplement my income as an independent contractor as a Myotherapist and Massage Therapist. I am basically self employed but do not make enough money to make a living in that field so I sought out a part time job (28 hrs week). I also have my own treatment room I acquired in December and use on occasion but have not marketed myself much at all to get that up and running.

My job is running the rehab portion of a chiropractic/medical practice. I can have up to 6 patients at one time in addition to having the doctors (2), offfice manager and billing lady giving me direction at the same time as well as managing patient flow of those waiting to be seen and those who need to see the CRNP, in addition to distributing medical equipment. I interact with patients constantly to make sure they are ok while doing their rehab and answering questions for them. I juggle alot at 1 time. The noise is from the IST table and a machine that is used for weightless (looks like a treadmill) plus the buzz of all the talking. Theres constant movement in this office. I never get to sit unless we are slow, honestly, the slowness/boredom of those moments is just as painful since thats when I would handle administrative things that require focus and concentration and detail. I do not get a break, I now its the law I get one. Yesterday I worked 5 hrs straight non stop 8:30am to 1:45pm. It ruined me for the remainder of the day. This week I worked only 4-5 hrs on 2 days. Still exhausted afterward.

I was told if I can't perform the duties of my job, then i can't have the job. I do not like plugs in my ears, they always hurt. I must be able to hear patients, esp if they are on the decompression table. If i wore sunglasses they would need to be prescriptive. In this setting dimming my vision would be a safety hazard. This practice is growing and looking to add on and be bigger and busier.......not in the cards for me.

As for the nutrition side, I have many food allergies. intolerances. I MUST prepare my foods, all whole foods. I do not have the so called "luxury" of the drive thru to get my calories. Gluten free (gluten sends me to ER), diary free, sugar free, colors/additives free. My doctor just eliminated meat and chicken to help ease the inflammation in my neck and swelling on my head.

just typing this exhausted me and I felt good prior to starting.
Thank you all for your replies and guidance. Much appreciated
aldora is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote