View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No need to apologize

Conductor71, no need to apologize. I was simply lost with where did this come from when I read your post. I'd like to think I'm up to speed (ha) with what is going on in the realm of parkinson's but maybe not. The statement that not many PWP are aware of this therapy is an understatement. In the past 6 months or so I have been hospitalized 3x for various reasons. They have always had a neurological consult done just to ensure that I am ok. NONE of these neurologists had any idea of what I was talking about and one even said "So what is the big deal, you have to have an operation to have a tube put in that has to be maintained. Why not just take the pills by mouth." I kid you not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Ha ha ha. It would be funny if it were not so pathetically the case.

Jim, as for old information, I did make a mistake on the AAN announcement. We see what we want to see, and my eyes being the window to the soul, I saw 2013 leap out when it in actuality was last year 2012. I wanted it to be so, and my brain played right along. Funny, how the power of suggestion and cognitive decline do not mix so well. So sorry about the confusion. Had I not been to lazy to link a source, I would have avoided it.

That was really of less importance than Abbvie being the lead sponsor of the Unity Walk, but I feel bad for misinforming others. There is no way Abbvie would position themselves as a major presence supporting PWP if they have no treatment to offer us. As Bob stresses it would be weird for them to sponsor that but offer us nothing more than we plan to submit for FDA approval this month, but who knows all is possible in this vaudeville act put on by the FDA. Timing an announcement with the Unity Walk gets them name recognition and great press; is is crucial for them to market directly to us because doctors only want to talk brain surgery. Many PWP are not even aware of this stuff.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote