View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nearly 8 Months PCS, daily headaches have worsened.

I have been suffering with PCS after a motorbike accident last August for nearly 8 months now.

I hit the side of my head, and cracked my helmet. I didn't get knocked out and would've thought it was a fairly minor tbi as far as they go.

My balance was very poor for about 5 weeks after the accident as well as headaches that could be treated with paracetomol.

At 4 weeks I got a post traumatic migraine with aura.

Since maybe 3 months PCS my headaches have gotten worse, I used to have days where I didn't feel any need to take painkillers.

For as long as I can remember now I've wanted to take pain killers every day but avoid them as they don't really work anyway now.

I have tried Amytriptylene.

I have tried accupuncture

I have tried Osteopathy, and continue to see a cranial osteopath who finds the bones in my head release quicker each time she treats me.

I am currently using Propranolol 40mg 2 x daily and have been on this for a few days, expecting it to take 2 weeks to know if it's going to be of benefit.

Besides that I am exercising every day (barbell workout 3 x a week, swimming on off days). Excercise relieves headache but it comes back shortly afterwards.

I went back to work for the first time yesterday but only managed 4 hours and had a headache the entire time. I work in IT and need to use screens a lot which makes the headache worse.

I get a strange sensation when I focus on things that they are pulsing with my vision, it's very mild and I have to really look for it. I also feel dizzy sometimes but have no problem balancing on one leg.

I feel that I've come so far with this illness but am yet so far from being able to work due to the headaches.

Is there anything else I can be doing? I was told this would last 6 weeks, at 7 months I keep worrying that I'm never going to get my life back, and in the meantime I'm depleting my savings!

Please help!

Conrad
Brick_Top is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote