View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo123 View Post
i have been using water based and un scented moisturisers on my burn sites to keep the skin soft. I have been using it after i shower and using it to massage my arm. my arm isnt to hypersensitive, although its heading that way slowly. Until now i would say more the oppostite.
I really think im early days and each day im seeing new symptoms. yesterday i sterted with tremors and the hot/cold feel. So im guessing i have worse to come. Its only just under a month since it spread from just my middle and index fingers to my entire arm. Its also getting into my sholder now. and im really noticing the burning pain. grrrr. But im not needing huge amounts of meds to control pain and i can stil use my hand and wrist a little before the pain starts. I stop once it hurts.

Today is a bad day. I see what everyone means by the weather making it worse. Ive taken extra painkillers and am staying on the couch while its rain and wind outside. I also wonder if i overdid the excersise yesterday. I went for a walk and went to the beach to get my hand moving in the water. It was really good though and i felt great after and could move my hand with little pain. I felt wonderful yesterday and full of energy and today ive hit a brick wall.
If you're at home try soaking in a warm bath. Sometimes that can help combat the extra pain from cold damp weather!! You do have to be very careful about exercising. I've noticed that my pain doesn't start right a way when I "over-do" it. It doesn't take ,much to over do it sometimes, but I usually hurt much after the same day or even the next. Epsom salt baths can help take some of the aching away.

I would talk to a physical therapist or doctor who is knowledgeable in CRPS/RSD before working out too much. It's highly irritating, but sometimes the silliest things can set off a flare.
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote