View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mouse,

Bummer on the headache. I've often wondered if I did more damage than simply bringing on a headache during some exercise workouts. But if I back off for a few days or so, or if I take some Naratriptan, the headache will resolve. So, it tells me that I'm glad that I'm not doing damage only making the headache mad.

As far as fatigue, I recall within the first year of injury that if I exercised above the threshold I'd get really tired to where I'd want to take a nap. Before injury, I usually didn't take naps afterwards unless I exercised for several hours but even walking for say an hour, I'd be wanting to rest. I listened and napped. It was recharging.

I'm can't say we injured the same parts of the brain but we seem to share some symptomatic similarities.

Just try to dial it down for a while till your brain will tolerate more.

Mike

December 15, 2009: Major surgery due to diverticulitis. 6 weeks after surgery, dizziness, fog, cognitive difficulty, anxiety, some panic, lots of headache. These symptoms largely gone, but still cannot exercise above a very low threshold otherwise resulting in severe headache and cognitive fog. Same for overwhelming odors.

Meds: Nortriptyline and Naratriptan as needed to rid severe headaches (exertional migraines).
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mouse1 (03-21-2013)