View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for your comments.

Kathie, I'll let you know what the doctor says.

Annie, I'm not sure if my insurance or if anyone in my family has insurance that would cover a geneticist. I'm not sure what my triggers are, but I do have some issues with potatoes and bananas, they make me swell. I think also chocolate at times and coffee too may be a cause. However, caffeinated tea is OK. The one Grand daughter that is really bad has migraines after she eats peaches. If I give her jalapenos and some tea with caffeine her symptoms vanish. I think it's the capsaicin in the peppers and maybe the caffeine too. She literally crawls when her migraines are bad and she can't tolerate light at all. I've had to pick her up from school several times because she can't function. We took her to the ER before and were told she was suffering from migraines.

I too have issues with flashing light. If I'm in a car driving past a forest with flickering light in the background I get nauseous. It's also happened when walking by a chain link fence with the sun behind it. Even a fan with light attached can cause the nausea. Some movies will cause me to be nauseous when the screen flickers too fast.

Tomatoes don't seem to bother me but milk products do hormonally. Lately MSG is causing some problems and that's a bummer because I love Chinese food. I don't know if any of this is related to migraines or not.

I do have a problem with altitudes. I can't think straight and was told by a doctor when I was a child that I have altitude sickness when I lived for a brief time in Denver Colorado. I remember being very nauseous back then. So maybe it's related more to migraines than to altitude sickness. I even get similar symptoms when going to a lower altitude.

I live in the same house as my grand daughter that has that major problems and I've been watching what she eats. She is thirteen and a lot of this is probably hormonal. I used to get a lot of visual auras before my time of the month came. I worry so much about her because I've seen how much my brother has suffered with the seizures. He spends most of his time in the dark. He can't even go outside during the day unless his eyes are totally covered. He's had so many seizures that he's losing part of his thinking ability and he's constantly getting injured from the seizures.

I did look up the relationship between acetlycholine and migraines. It would seem that mestinon would help people with migraines by keeping the acetylcholine in the body longer.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote