Thread: NPA Next Week
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It was ordered by my physiatrist (doc of physical medicine and rehab) that I see at the brain injury rehab clinic at the Ottawa Hospital. It'll be done at the Ottawa Hospital at the psych dept... normally, they only do inpatient NPA's, they only very occasionally make exceptions for outpatients, apparently its part of new cost saving restructuring blah blah blah.

If you have any extended health care benefits, they won't accept you. While I do have benefits, I've used all my coverage for the year already, which is how I qualify at all.

I did the intake interview on the phone today, which took about an hour and cuts down on the overall testing time. It also gives them more flexible scheduling, they just slot you in between their inpatient appointments. So when I arrive next week, we just start right away with the testing, no interview to start. She said it also helps by not tiring people out just from the interview before testing even starts.

I didn't expect to have this done at all, never mind so soon, so I'm still feeling a bit off balance about it all.
Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cyclecrash (03-22-2013)