View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, I'm not sure what kind of swelling it is but for some reason if I have salt with the bananas or with the potatoes I don't swell as much, but if I use too much salt I'll swell too. Sometimes salt acts like a diuretic and sometimes not. So I don't know if this is caused by a channelopathy or not or if it is an electrolyte imbalance. I've had a metabollic panel done and it showed up normal. I'm not sure if that's the test to take or not.

I'm being sent to a Neuropsych doctor next month and wonder if his realm of knowledge is more towards Neurology or Psychology. The Rhuematologist who referred me is the one who diagnosed me with Myasthenia Gravis, and he gave me a note to give to the Neuropsych doctor explaining his diagnosis. I'm afraid that I'll have to start all over again...I want to tell this new doctor everything that's going on but I've found that when I do I'm dismissed more easily. I'm going to try and mention that I'd like to be checked for channelopathies and mention my family history. I just hope it isn't swept under the rug.

To me, it's fairly obvious that there is some kind of problem in my family in relation to acetylcholine and with some kind of channelopathy or channelopathies.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote