View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Your doctor should treat you as a whole person first, not a DA, You would not be here on Neuro talk, if you didn't have some real issues with pain. In fact I know of noone, ever to try to get medications, unless the need was great for some quality of life.
If you arn't being treated fairly, even though it is a pain to do, seek another professional that has some empathy. That empathy also goes along way toward your own confidence in your doctor. It works both ways. Medical help is a two way street. You deserve to be treated correctly and with respect. I really hope this all works out for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
True, Ginnie!
I've been going to the same PM for about 5 months and want to stay there, but they keep changing my appt. time the day before, knowing I can't do that cause of the bus schedule. I'm in so much pain and I know I'm going to run out of the only one I take; Norco. This is making things very difficult for me. If they are going to mess with appts. people have no choice except to "doctor shop", and then be looked at like an addict, when all we want is relief from pain. In fact, when I first started going there I told them I do not want meds and I do not want surgery. I just want the pain gone like I was before! So when people or the medical profession look at patients in extreme pain as though they are addicts, it really steams my clams.
spiritscript is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote