View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

We have a mom who speaks about texting and driving who lost her daughter to a brain injury. Her daughter was the valedictorian who was texting and driving. The car she hit had multiple fatalities and long term brain injuries. I have many acquaintances and friends in my brain injury support group who have similar struggles.

Some are victims of their own irresponsibility, some the driver of the car they were riding was the irresponsible party, some, the driver of the other car was irresponsible.

The cause does not change the pain felt but the pain felt does give some an opportunity to speak out.

A recent show called Head Games shows how talking on a cell phone, even hands free is just as dangerous. In fact, having a passenger in the car talking on a cell phone is almost as dangerous as the driver using a cell phone. The brain loses focus on the driving task when it tries to make sense out of a one sided conversation. It showed how it is extremely difficult to ignore that one sided cell phone conversation.

Sobering, even if it is troubling as we see ourselves.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 03-22-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-22-2013)