View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 02:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittlem View Post
This is my first post on this message board so I'll do my best.

Has anyone been diagnosed with atypical neuralgia / tigeminal nerve pain? My symptoms don't fit the classical ones. I have constant and unrelenting pain mainly in my eyes and forehead area. The pain is not the sharp and shooting type that I have read about with TN. Rather it is a dull, aching, throbbing, burning sensation. The other thing is that it is not on one side of my face but both.

I have not been formally diagnosed. I seem to have the doctors stumped. This is what my neurologist thinks but it is not a formal diagnosis.
My pain can last hours to days on end.The pain so severe I had to take an army of meds to get rid of it.Turnd out I had ATYPICAL TN also found out I have Occipital Neuralgia. Those to nerves are of a group of 12 cranial Nerves.Sounds to me like you also have both nerves either damaged or having a vien or blood vessel putting pressure on those nerves.
A Typical TN is a huge nerveand can make you feel like you just got wacked in the face by a baseball bat.And the occipital makes it worse.They call the TN "The suicide disease.I have had it now for over 25 years.What I hate most is being single and no one here to tell me it will be alright.And just hold me. SkyeHawk .
SkyeHawk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote