View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi spirit

If you are not happy with your PM, change..... I did and actually made appts. for 4 different PM doctors. They thought they were interviewing me, NOPE, I was interviewing them, and I stated as much. I said first thing," I am looking for PM doctor," gave my reasons and my records, and let things fall where they may. I had a valid reason, My PM doctor said he would not cover additional medications for surgery. Well the surgeon didn't want to either. Just what is patient suppose to do then? Not have meds. for after surgery? What a crock of you know what.
I picked a doc. called a physiatrist. More than PM, works with the whole person on a cellular level. Best move I ever made. Don't be afraid to be bold, just bring your records and your pain chart and speak up. Also I brought a friend with me, that helps, and sometimes the doctors listen a bit better when someone else is in the room.
I know changing docs. is difficult, just remember they work for you! I do wish you all the best spirit. Got after the best care you can get. It is a quality of life that is as stake. I hope today finds you in less pain than yesterday. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote