View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:03 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I agree that it existed, but think it reasonable to assume that it became markedly worse and continues to "evolve" even now. The ultra-fine particulates are obvious suspects and are a little bit frightening once one takes a close look. They are "nanoparticles" and we are just now beginning to appreciate what a threat they may pose. For one thing they are so small that traditional barriers such as the BBB and the similar one lining the gut are pretty much ineffective. These guys are so small that a neuron looks like a super highway to them and they move along in both directions. They also are able to latch onto larger molecules and transport them across those barriers as well. As an irritant alone they are a constant source of inflammation plus they go deep into our lungs. They are, indeed, produced by burning wood but the smallest come from coal and diesel smoke. And they travel far with the wind. One area is called the "Alaskan Rectangle of Death" because global wind conentrates them north of Fairbanks. And remember that if the hypothyses (sp?) that I push is correct and it is about an inflammatory response to a number of possible triggers, that they would interact with most others to multiply their effects.
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
your're preaching to the chorus laura, there's ample evidence that man made chemicals cause all sorts of diseases in humans and animals. kind of why we have the FDA, EPA.
almost impossible to get highly profitable chemicals banned without tremendously strong evidence. noone wants to put DOW, MONSANTO, BAYER, CHEVRON, DUPONT, etc. out of business.

my point was i didn't think the pre-industrial revolution environment was all that pristine 24hrs/day, 12months/year and pd likely existed.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (03-23-2013)