View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown I really need support and someone to relate to

I'm going through the exact same thing and REALLY need someone to relate to. Nobody understands and I feel SO alone. This is the worst I've ever felt in my entire life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_blutack2108 View Post
About 2 months ago, I slipped on an icy pavement whilst walking home and hit my head pretty hard, 2 hospital trips later that evening (the first time they sent me home as they felt it was just a little bump on the head and was nothing serious!) and I was told that I'd received a concussion from my fall. 2 days after this, I passed out and ended up returning to hospital where I was told that I had post concussion syndrome.

Since then, I have had problems with major headaches, memory problems, fatigue, poor sleep, personality changes, lack of concentration/focus and motivation, light sensitivity, depression and occassionally difficulty finding words in conversation.

I've found my PCS really difficult to deal with as I don't feel like myself anymore and am finding it difficult to explain things to friends and family so that they can understand what is happening. Part of me feels like I'm a burden to them even though I know that's just not true, I just want them to understand what I'm going through at the moment.

I've just started my first year at university and am very concerned about the effect it has had on my work, I'm really worried that I may have to leave if I don't find a way to overcome this.

Can anybody give any advice which they think will help? Thanks in advance
dbg1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Su seb (03-22-2013)