Thread: NPA Next Week
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I believe the point of the NPA in my case is to open up opportunities for referrals to speech therapists etc... just to figure out what comes next. Find out what cognitive deficits exist and who to see about them.

Luckily its just information based and not for workers comp or for an insurance company or anything like that where someone is paying for a biased opinion. Any referrals will require private payment, through extended health benefits or out of pocket, so the testing and results should be ok, I think?

I don't know if they are testing for mood disorders or not, our intake interview didn't really get into that.

I will be driving myself to and from the test, but if I'm exhausted after, I'll just plan to hang out in the truck and have a short nap in the parking lot before I leave. I don't have any real options as I'm the only driver in the house and since we live rurally, taxis aren't really an option. (minimum $150 one way and you have to beg them to come pick you up and even then sometimes when they say they will come, they just don't show up.)

The tests scare me... they sound hard. But then again, writing a cheque, a task that used to take like 2 mins, now takes me at least 30 mins and may or may not be correct at the end... I can't pay cash reliably and be sure I give and get correct change, filling out questionnaires confuse me, etc etc... so these will definitely be a challenge.

Heck, the one hour intake phone interview yesterday pretty much wiped me out and that was just basic information about my injury and symptoms. By the end of the conversation, she wanted to give me her phone number in case I needed to contact her before next week and it took me 5 tries before I had it written down correctly and could repeat it back to her, reading it off the paper I had written it on. I imagine her job must be frustrating at times.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote