Thread: Dental Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dental Issues

Greetings all. Has anyone had any experience with an infection in old root canal? I had increased dose of IVIG on Monday/Tuesday and was feeling great feeling as if it had really really helped MG issues but on Wednesday I awoke with bad enough toothache that I immediately went to my dentist. She xray/observed inflammation referred me back to endodontist. I was supposed to go Friday but Wednesday night I couldnt sleep and on Thursday the pain was much much worse. Saw endo yesterday and he started Amoxicillin 500 mg x 3 per day. I declined pain meds (been taking 3 aleve each day) but not really helping at all. Gargling with salt water.

I am on prednisone 20 mg per day since September, Imuran 150 per day since December, Mestinon 60 mg x 12 per day and Mestinon 180 TS one per day (Synthroid and Cytomel also for thyroid)

Anyway this am the entire left side of my face is very swollen, pain is excruciating. I have call in to neuro (who as luck would have it is out of office this week) but I am concerned that this infection seems to be spreading very quickly (cheek into nose now swollen today/going into my sinuses?)

My night temp is running about 2 degrees higher than my normal which is 97.7 but seems to be normal during the day.

Any recommendations for pain meds that are well tolerated. Any recommendations/experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance for all the valuable insight and advice I always get from you all.

Steph
StephC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote