View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrinx View Post
No charts.

If you cause symptoms, its not good. If It hurts, don't do it. In my experience if you cause symptoms you will worsen the injury to the nerves. I know for a fact as I have clearly worsened my symptoms with overhead work.

No rollercoasters.

Yoga, does it cause you symptoms?
Careful with strenuous activity.

For me pain meds are not good as I am active as can be and would get on a skateboard tomorrow if I could, not to mention motorcycles, travel, carry suitcases, travel, finish building my house..
If I take pain meds I will cause injury as I will push the limit due to less pain. Pain is the body's alarm system. It is very hard to stop but better for you long term. You really don't want to take stronger pain meds then those you have tried unless you got constant pain and you can't get up and you can't function. If there is anyway to function with less pain medication then go that route. The strong meds have a lot of long-term side effects. The longer you take them the worse it gets.
I guess I wasn't clear, I really don't want stronger medicines, I want something that.will help without knocking me out. I guess maybe that doesn't exist. I don't take anything on a regular basis. I was on lyrica for months and all that did was make me gain weight so my new neurologist took me off it. I do have pills for pain but I have only tried them once or twice each, because all they seem to do is make me sleep
Sugarcaned is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote