View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Suffering from Post Concussion Symptoms

One month ago today, I hit my head so hard (don't want to talk about how it happened) that the next day I had this really bad pressure headache. I went to the ER and they did a CT scan which turned out negative. They brushed me off like they usually do with patients and told me to take tylenol 600mg as needed. I knew something was wrong because I don't just go to the Dr. for fun. They wrote me a Dr. note for work for 2 days. I went back after 1 because I can't afford to miss work.

Weeks go by without any symptoms getting better. The symptoms I have were:

Really BAD headaches where I hit my head
Blurred vision
Feeling like I just woke up ALL DAY LONG
Sensitive to light/noise
Taste & smell weren't as strong
Lightheadedness
Dizzy sometimes
Fatigue
I became irritated the more time went on

The first neurologist acted like it was a chore to be there. I could tell she wasn't taking me seriously and that she wasnt passionate about her job. To me, that is ridiculously SAD.

I went almost a month waiting to get in to see a 2nd neurologist. He wrote me a prescription for the generic of Effexor (antidepressant) saying it'll help my headaches and wrote me some other pill I can take before I workout, supposed to help prevent the headaches.

I rested this whole month, no alcohol, nothing crazy at all, pretty much bored with my life. I'm going crazy and I have NOBODY to relate to. None of my friends can relate because they haven't had concussions so they don't know how serious it actually is. So I feel so alone and what I need more than anything is someone to talk to who has been through this. I need support and someone I can depend on. On top of everything I'm going through, I have SO much stress added on which is not helping.
dbg1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-22-2013), MiaVita2012 (03-22-2013)