View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for this post and for confirming for me that i am on the right path. I have only had full on RSD in my arm for the past month, so i can only comment from that, but i have found that constant gentle movement of my hand has been the best thing. At first i was too scared to use it and took the rest it approach, esp because i hadnt been diagnosed and was scared to make it worse. then i saw the physio who confirmed that i had it and suggested not going past the pain, but moving until it hurt then stop and rest. then start again if i could.
I have been doing as much as i can, even pushing myself to type with my bad hand. I cant write for long with a pen but typing is fine as long as the tips of my fingers are not too sensitive and i just do a little, then rest.
Im finding alot of info that recomends gentle use. I also found that moving my hand in water was great even before RSD was confirmed. We were in a heatwave here in Australia so i would go to the beach to soak my sore swollen hand and was amazed at how i could move after.
Im really new to this but i feel that a "use it of loose it" approach has helped stablise my pain and hopefully ill beat this crappy condition.
mollymoo123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bfff2020 (03-24-2013), catra121 (03-22-2013), SandyRI (03-22-2013)