Thread: NPA Next Week
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Starr" View Post
I don't know if they are testing for mood disorders or not, our intake interview didn't really get into that.

The tests scare me... they sound hard. But then again, writing a cheque, a task that used to take like 2 mins, now takes me at least 30 mins and may or may not be correct at the end... I can't pay cash reliably and be sure I give and get correct change, filling out questionnaires confuse me, etc etc... so these will definitely be a challenge.

Starr
Hi Starr. Try not to stress over it. In mine, they started with easy questions (5+3= ? ) and worked up to harder ones until I "failed" at answering the question, the point being seeing where your ability to process the various test question ends, and if that place is within a normal range.

Regarding the mood disorders, on mine they did a Beck Anxiety and Depression inventory which is self reported.

Consider that it's a diagnostic tool, the outcome to of which is to evaluate where you are, with a goal of identifying next steps in your recovery.
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
"Starr" (03-22-2013), Brain patch (03-22-2013)