Thread: Dental Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Steph,

Owie, that sounds miserable. First, I don't believe we are any more prone to dental issues per se because of MG. Root canals can "act up" in anyone.

If I were you, I might run by your increased pain and swelling symptoms by your endodontist, to make sure it's within normal limits. I know dental issues can cause impressive swelling, but that in and of itself does not mean there is a complication.

As far as pain meds go, it's an individual thing. I have had to take vicodin/hydrocodone on several occasions and have had no issues. I even had morphine in the hospital a couple of times with no issues. Most of my friends who also have MG have taken vicodin, percocets, dilaudid etc with no issues. To be safe, just take the first dose during the daytime hours and at a time where you have someone around to help you if you do have any type of adverse event (feeling sleepy, woozy, a little "off balance" is considered a normal side effect and is not an adverse event.)

That's about all the info I can provide, having never had a root canal. My dh had what you have, however, and it resolved quickly with the help of the endo. I hope yours does, too.

Good luck!
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (03-22-2013), StephC (03-22-2013)