View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark, thanks for these two posts. The link to the survival guide is great. I appreciate it. I do the same sleep process as you. Soft cotton clothing is a must. I found the memory foam mattress to be a lifesaver with chronic pain. I listen to music, meditate then put in earplugs and cover eyes. If not asleep soon I have to get up and start over because my brain starts spinning out with racing thoughts. Never thought of gloves. I may try that. I have to wear all clothing from the store called hollister as I have found they have the softest, most comfortable clothes ever.
Db or sorry I don't remember your screen name. You are not alone. We all here have been and are going through these same struggles. We know what you feel like about having no support and feeling alone. This is the most challenging situation I have ever had. We are all here to support you. Don't count on the people around you to understand or support you because they don't. I know this is very hurtful. I wish I had better answers for you. That was one of the hardest things for me is to not have others understand and loose all my friends, fiancé, daughter, brother support or understanding for me. Hang in there.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote