View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It sounds like a tough situation your in, have you spoke to your employer about it or do you have an occupational health department? I knew after returning to work for a week and a half that I wasn't capable of being there and I had a very supportive doctor who signed me off for nearly 5 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbg1 View Post
Thanks for your reply. I hope I get better soon as well. The hardest thing for me is having someone understand what I'm going through. I feel like I'm being treated like a concussion is just something people take lightly. It's not... it's so life changing. The thing that's also really hard for me is I'm a receptionist, I am so stressed out at work because so many people call begging for their pain killers, they cuss us out, they threaten to kill themselves, I have to stare at a computer for 8.5 hours a day, make appt's for people. I can't afford to take off work and I feel like it's horrible for my recovery.

QUOTE=mouse1;968370]Dbg1,

I hope you get better soon, you need to bear in mind that you are still very early on, and most people recover in 3-6 months. Get plenty of quiet rest, use ear plugs and white noise for noise sensitivity. Use sunglasses and hat for light sensitivity. Get migraine meds for the headaches, and if your mood is affected an antidepressant if need be. Avoid noisy and busy places, too much TV, radio and computers. Listen to your body, if it is telling you to rest, rest. I am coming upto 5 months PCS, but am recovering now by doing these things and have been cleared to go back to work now. It is a waiting game, but try not to worry about the symptoms because this only makes them worse.
[/QUOTE]
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote