View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec161 View Post
Hey there. This is my first post though I have read many threads over the years. Short background on me - I was diagnosed with TOS in September 2008 after 10 years of worsening chronic pain. I had a first rib re-section by Dr. Hugh Gelabert at UCLA in April 2009. I recovered and was essentially symptom free with occassional mild flare-ups for 3.5 years. Then November came.

My symptoms have returned. I tried working through it for 3 months but finally went on disability in February. I have done almost 2 months of PT with little improvement of symptoms. Scalene block helped a little but not enough (same as 4 years ago). Botox seems like a temporary fix and not worth it for me. I am having a new SSEP done Monday and Dr. Gelabert is leaning toward surgery again - a full scalenectomy and removal of any scar tissue that might be there.

Has anyone else had a recurrence of symptoms years later and then surgery again?

I REALLY don't want to go through another surgery, especially as this seems more invasive (the first was underarm) but I am not sure what else to do. I am also very limited because this is going through WC and they don't love throwing you money for various doctors, physical therapists, etc.
Hi I am sorry your symptoms are back. I saw Dr. Gelabart for a consultation last year. I liked him alot and if I were to do surgery- I would go back and see him. What were your experiences with him besides the pain coming back? Are you in the L.A. area? Thanks JKL
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote