View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mindy,

What you are describing sounds like the possible sz. is starting from the back of your head in the oppitcal lobe where all of a persons eye sight is. If I may ask after you see these flashes of light have you every felt confused, tired, or gotten a headache right after it has happened? If you have then you may have had an aura (simple partial) sz. or a seizure triggered from the tramatic brain injury you received. A person doesn't have to shake to have a sz. I have absence and complex partial sz. and with both of these sz. I will start to daydream but with the complex partial I will sometimes have muscle spasms and see different colors flash back and forth in my eyes also.
Many times a e.e.g will show if there's an area of the brain triggering sz. unless damage is to deep in the brain. Another test you might want to have is an MRI or a CAT scan these 2 tests will show a lot of detail especially the MRI. In regards to your license each state is different I know in NY state a person has to go 1 yrs. without a sz. and have a Drs. written statement saying it's okay for the person to drive.
Another place to get more info. is to go to Epilepsy Foundation.org and go to the ecommunites and post a question or you can call the Epilepsy Foundation of America at 1-800-332-1000 to get more info. I will tell you I got the most help from seeing an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy Center which are usually at big hospitals or university hospitals. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day for adult dosage this will help calm the nerves down and reduce your possible sz. and also get a calendar and start keeping track of each time you may be having a sz. by writing down what time it happened along with a description of the sz. this will help the Dr. and if you are having sz. they may see a pattern in your sz. as to what day's to the month and what time of the day or night you are having sz. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote