Thread: Depression!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I go to a neuropsychiatrist as well. I get the best of both combined in one. I was on Paxil and it worked great for about a year and then I ended up with a flat affect. I was switched to Celexa which I have been on for several years. However, I started on the AD as a pain management regime and am on a small dose. I will say that over the years I have felt some depression but it has usually been situational - death in the family, steroids, ending a relationship, etc. But the depression was mild. Steroids will really get me going down that slippery slope and when I went to the neuro after having them last September, they had me increase the Celexa to 20 mg for a week to help me through that steroid related depression. It really did help.

Finding something that works for you is a trial and error kind of thing. If your neuro is not a neuropsychiatrist, then seeing a regular psychiatrist is a great idea. They will be able to help you with the right medication and at the right dosage for you. Not all ADs are the same and they work differently on different people as well as some lose their effectiveness over time.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Judy2 (03-23-2013), SallyC (03-23-2013)