View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 11:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mindy,

If you feel tired after seeing these colors it wouldn't surprise me if you are having either absence (petit mal) or complex partial sz. like I have. Before I started having sz. I was having migraine headaches and that in turn triggered the epilepsy. It's up to you but you might want to get a 2nd opinion about what's going on by seeing an Epileptologist as I mentioned before.
I have always had to depend on my husband to take me to work and pick me up and before I meant him I would have a family or friend pick me up and take me home and I would pay them. Now my husband and I live near a local bus stop so if he can't take me to work I can take the bus.
You mentioned that you are finishing up school to teach if I'm correct. I've been working in public school for almost 28 yrs. now. I work as a Teacher Aide in Special Education so I can relate to many students who have learning, physical or emotional disabilities, especially since I've had epilepsy since the age of 10 (50 now).
Yes, more brain damage can happen if a persons sz. are not under control and they have a lot of sz. over the yrs. This is what happened to me. I started out only having problems on the right temporal lobe but as time went by and my Drs. couldn't control my sz. with any meds the damage spread to the left temporal lobe and yrs. later to the frontal lobe. I finally had 2 brain surgeries done to help reduce the sz. and I may be having a 3rd surgery done once the FDA passes Electrode Arrays for epilepsy but that won't be for awhile.
My best advice to you is to cut back on the caffeine, starch foods and carbs. stay away from nutra sweet (aspartame) because it has been proven that NutraSweet can cause more electrical activity in a persons brain and it can trigger sz. for some people who have epilepsy. I found that out the hard way after drinking diet soda and having many sz. Also some people can be cell phone sensitive and this means when you or others around you are using their cell phones in any way the electromagnetic field can sometimes trigger a sz. I just recently found out I'm cell phone sensitive which means do to the frequency a cell phone uses it will trigger sz. for me. It's sometimes a little hard for me when I go shopping I have to do it when I don't think that many people will be at the store because if I go into the stores and people are even texting I will have a sz. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote