View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH View Post
i read your posting with much interest since i am scheduled next tuesday for the same 2 procedures. i had had a plate installed during an anterior acdf in November 2012. now the doc says it has come dislodged and is hanging loose on only 2 screws. he and every other doctor we've talked to think this is a dangerous situation . he wants to remove the plate anteriorly and install the rods posteriorly.

It took me a long time to recover from the first procedure in Nov. and i still cannot use my right arm (diagnosed as C 5 palsy). i'm very concerned that recovery from the upcoming operation will be even harder or that i will never fully recover. My recovery is further complicated by my Parkinson's disease.

I'm also interested in hearing from others who have undergone similar procedures
Linda Im sorry you have to go through all this. I was scared too! BUT I can tell you straight out of surgery I could swallow better than before. Pain is pretty intense though. I think time will tell how it goes from here Im not really sure. I did it because I didnt really see any choice I couldnt stay the way I was. Guess now were in this together. Ill be praying for you!!!!
mrsalkire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-24-2013)