Thread: Ablation??
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 06:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, had two nerves tested. Looks like C7-T1 (dr. actually refers to it as C8) is the culprit. The test at C4-5 didn't give me any relief. He says he wishes I didn't have these leads as he could get a better idea of what's going on if I could get MRI. He said he's not sure where the problem is occurring on that C8 nerve...could be coming from the fusion I have above it and if it is then not sure what could be done about it short of a revision. He said in the end that he just does the nerve testing and it's up to my neurosurgeon to interpret the results and determine where we should go from here.

Not sure if I'm allergic to the contrast dye, but have been having all over body itching since getting the nerve tests

I see my neurosurgeon later this week so will have to wait and see what he says. This dr. commented that he didn't think the cervical SCS was doing me much good and at this point I'm wondering if he's right. Seems to have worked great in the beginning but pain reduction has not been as helpful after the first 6 months or so. Been in now well over 2 years. The cervical SCS trial made all my cervical pain go away and felt great. Pity I didn't get that kind of permanent result with the cervical SCS when it was put in. Scared to turn it off to see if it is helping or not in case I feel worse.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-23-2013), Hannabananna (03-23-2013), Mark56 (03-23-2013)