Thread: Depression!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 11:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for the replies. I plan on calling my neuro Monday as my first step. I am still a really new patient and doubt she even knows who I am but would think she could review my chart and at least make a suggestion. If that does not pan out, I will call my PCP who DOES know me well and see about a referral to a psychiatrist. Does this sound reasonable to you? Sometimes these days I feel like I have all these docs but yet no one is really doing anything. It is difficult to wait around when you are so desperately needing to find that light at the end of the tunnel. Another thing I am jus t curious about is this: Over the last couple years I have been prescribed Lortab for pain (like after dental work). I sort of accidentally discovered that while it was meant for the pain, it completely made me feel like a new person mentally. It lifted that black cloud. Now don't worry, I know this is an opiate and don't ever plan to abuse it, but I am just really curious if anyone else has experienced this? It is the only thing that has ever touched my depression and I find it interesting. It does not make me feel"high" or sleepy either. It makes me feel "normal", or what I think normal must feel like.
julie4470 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (03-27-2013), SallyC (03-24-2013)