View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo123 View Post
Today is a bad day. I see what everyone means by the weather making it worse. Ive taken extra painkillers and am staying on the couch while its rain and wind outside. I also wonder if i overdid the excersise yesterday. I went for a walk and went to the beach to get my hand moving in the water. It was really good though and i felt great after and could move my hand with little pain. I felt wonderful yesterday and full of energy and today ive hit a brick wall.
This is a familiar story to all do us with CRPS I think - trying to find a pattern or control it is a source of frustration. My physio told me to listen to my body and not force things. I think a routine, especially in the morning, is a really good idea - then i can tell what kind of day it might be lol! If the exercise and massage etc cause pain or visuals symptoms then I know to take it careful and not push too hard. If the morning routine leaves me refreshed and energetic then I know I can get on a bit more.

The important thing is to avoid the peaks and troughs life, where one day feels better and we do too much, then the next three days are hell because we overdid it... I have a blanket on my sofa and I sit in it and keep warm during my frequent rest periods, it seems to keep the daytime burning a bit more controlled. Little and often is a good plan! Ten minutes of laundry then a half hour rest lol I've learnt the hard way that if I spend half an hour hoovering, I'll have a miserable rest of my day.

Everyone suffers this thing differently. Listen to your body and try and find that happy medium where the good days predominate...

I've got CRPS in my whole left leg and foot, and it's in the process of spreading throughout my left arm and hand. Yesterday I had pain, burning and swelling in my first two fingers...it is a scary thing sometimes Today I feel as though I've got sunburn on my left arm and spent yesterday waving my arm constantly - it has that dull achy pain of overuse lol.

Sory to ramble on, it's good to talk about to talk about these things with people who actually know what I'm on about!!

Bram.
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mollymoo123 (03-24-2013)