View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Everyone,

Have been putting everything I've got into coping lately; although have been visiting the board from time to time. Even had someone come and stay with me for a week to help out; which is a first for me. He was very helpful and got my yard/house straightened up in preparation for spring before he left. As he was using my computer, I had disabled all automatic log-ins to protect my privacy.

Sally, Doydie, Judy2, Erin, KittyLady and everyone else who have been having problems with this stupid disease as well as the underhanded tosses that life has thrown you, I am so sorry to read of your struggles. You are all in my prayers for relief and I wish that you'll all get through your rough patches soon .
My goodness we do seem to have all been dealt some pretty rough times this last few weeks. May spring bring us all much easier times .

I am having surgery on Thursday to remove a cyst that was found in the thoracic spine with the hope that it may bring relief to the severe HUG symptoms and possibly the cardio problems that I've been experiencing as well. It sounds a lot worse than it is, as I have been assured that the cyst is benign, is well contained and can be removed in its entirety without disturbing the dura or spinal cord; although it may be pressing on it.

Apparently a problem with the pituitary is likely causing the left ventricular failure though; as it is showing hyperintense signal on MRI and decreased function on testing. That seems to be causing a cascade effect on other hormone glands; especially of the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenals.
I find it so strange that I had problems like this with the pituitary function when I was 11-15 years old...and now, here it is again .

Will keep you posted.

Hang in there everyone.
For certain we're a tough bunch of folks but so rare is it to find that the tender, compassionate heart has not only been maintained, but has been expanded in such difficult circumstances.
I thank you all for being here and for this forum.

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-25-2013), jprinz99 (03-25-2013), Judy2 (03-25-2013), NurseNancy (03-26-2013), SallyC (03-24-2013)