Thread: Dental Issues
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Status

FYI I had about 4 or 5 root canal procedures in 2002 - 2004. About that same time I recall I also had a procedure which involved a old root canal that needed to be redone. At that time I remember thinking root cancal wasnt that bad so re-doing it shouldnt be a big deal but it was much worse. It was horrible and in hindsight was probably one of the first true MG responses. Anyway all that was enough to instill OCD type dental care on my part: waterpik, high end sonic toothbrush, brushing at least 3x day,etc.

Since MG diagnosis in August 2012 and subsequent I did continue my quarterly dental cleanings but declined the semi-annual 'deep cleanings" which I perceived as probably overkill/rip off anyway. Now maybe thinking that wasnt such a good idea and I will not skip deep cleaning again because 'maybe' that would have prevented this new issue.

Following increased IVIG dose infusions last Monday/Tuesday my MG issues were improved but I have been running slight fever so I am hoping the Amoxicillin 500 MG 3 times per day will work.

Also FYI I had been feeling like I was battling cold for about 3 weeks so now thinking maybe that was the oral infection starting...I have long term TMJ pain and I had noticed about 2 weeks ago some soreness but didnt think infection, rather thought was TMJ so I stopped my gum chewing.

The cut he did on Friday was just to drain/relieve but to fix issue he will need to re-do this old root canal. I see neuro on Thursday so assuming he clears me to get that done I am thinking best time to schedule is right after my next IV infusion which is every 3 weeks.

For the cut on Friday he used normal numbing agent and I had no problems (it worked and it wore off in normal time)
Any thoughts/insight is welcome. Thanks.
StephC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (03-24-2013)