View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 04:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
I'm sorry you haven't had a response until now. to be perfectly honest I didn't see this!

I hope you'll come back to see this. Ok, you ask if you can be depressed with just feeling "tired out." The answer is yes. For one thing, you COULD have been depressed so long, that you don't even KNOW you're depressed. You might think that the way you're feeling right now is normal. Other people would definitely say they're depressed! You're just used to it. Get what I'm saying? So an antidepressant will get you back to "normal" and I'll bet that you won't BELIEVE how good you're going to feel, and you will have NO idea how rotten you were really feeling! So definitely try the antidepressant, okay?

Sometimes they take awhile to work. Some doctors rely on the "older" antidepressants, and those take up to 6 weeks to work! Ask for the later ones, that only take a few days to work. I'm sure you're already on something, since this post is so old.

Let us know what you're on will you ? And let us know how you're feeling.

Again, I'm SO SORRY this wasn't responded to. There's no excuse. Please forgive us, as it's not the norm. We don't let posts get by like this.

I hope you'll come back and read. Anyway God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee
Oh my god, Lee, I don't know what to say, just how much it means to me that you have actually read my story, and replied to it! Thank you so much! This helps me, to keep going!

Yes, 12 days ago I eventually started Paretin (paroxetine), 10mg per day (SSRI). in the morning. so far it has been a bit uphill, but then I caught somekind of a cold, or flu, whatever, and that was pretty bad, and since then, with the cold now almost gone, the exhaustion is still present.

I know that 12 days is nothing, and I really hope for that feeling, of what you are talking about.
I had 3-4 days of very bad insomnia, but that stopped, and now i sleep well, but i'm still exhausted.
I took xanax when i couldn't sleep, but just a very little dose, and only twice, when I really couldn't sleep for 3 days and felt like, I cant hold on anymore without sleep.

Anyway, I really hope this medicine is gonna help, because so far, it hasn't liven up to my expectations. I understand that I need to be more patient. My doctor said it's 2 weeks when the med starts working. on tuesday will be the 2 week over. We'll see.

thank you so much, for your help again!
marcellb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote