View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default one of the first on the planet

I had shunt originally placed in January '70, I have had 4 revisions, that's it, three before I was ten and another one in 2006. I don't understand these individuals that have so many revisions they lose count. The doctor who originally place the shunt was considered to be one of the best pediatric neurosurgeons in the world, but still why can't doctors get it right, it is not a rare surgery as it was when I had it done. I am a guinea pig, Unfortunately, it can be difficult for doctors to be completely proactive with me and tend to be a little more reactive. I was recently diagnosed with Epilepsy, when I asked my neurologist if the shunt had anything to do with it, he said plainly it's possible you have a foreign body in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_george11 View Post
My name is Andrew, I was born with Hydrocephalus, and I am 27 now. I have always had a VP shunt, and in December of 2012 I had an LP shunt put in. I have had a headache for three years, along with seven shunt surgeries. I am hoping to help others with their issues, and find some help for myself as well.
jasontaub23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote