View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Negative Results of stopping Lyrica?

A long time beneficiary of the remarkable collective wisdom presented here, I have not posted in some time. But I am in need of information.

I'd been taking 600 mg of Lyrica a day for years (along with seven other medications), but I wasn't getting any better. Indeed there has been a progression of new affected areas.

So I decided to slowly titrate off of Lyrica, and an immediate benefit was that, in rather rapid fashion, I lost 54 pounds, going from 219 lbs. last June to 164 lbs. by November, what I weighed back in HS (I'm 6'1'), and over those months I'd continued titrating down because my pain didn't get any worse.

But since the beginning of the year, my situation has deteriorated. Each time I have any 'trauma' (I twisted my wrist, so that has 'gone'; and then the other wrist mirrored its partner; I banged my knee; it's gone), of course my spread tends to tenaciously stick around.

Does anyone have any information in regards to Lyrica's efficaciousness in preventing new spreads, or, as I have indeed had 'trauma' occurrences which follow my spread pattern, am I just an unfortunate victim of coincidence?

(Wow, am I rambling. I took a Marinol pill today, and, well, that happens...)
dshue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote