View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling great Echos - it really makes me appreciate your taking the time to cheer me up even more. I've had a really bad weekend but I'm feeling more positive after reading some posts here & delving further into my history.
I'm thinking that this PN is not hereditary, nor alcoholic but stems from my 2 year on again/off again relationship with Spironolactone. I had all kinds of nasty side effects while on it but it helped so much with other symptoms that I tried to stay on it by flip-flopping my dosage for almost 24 months. I now realize that the tingling in my fingers back in January of 2011 was probably the beginning stages of NP & not repetitive stress syndrome as my chiro indicated. I'm KICKING myself for not listening to my body... getting off of that awful drug & getting tested for this months ago. I'm pretty sure that irreversible damage has been done especially since I haven't had a lick of Spiro in my system since early November but I'm a complete mess of nerves & pain. I'm planning on meeting with my MD (yes she is integrative Sally - albeit a bit moon & stars for me if you catch my drift) tomorrow to go over the supplement list that Wings has on the sticky & see what she thinks. She is very kind & I feel lucky to have her although I'll be forever bothered that meditation is a go to solution for her. I'm also going to meet with an acupuncturist (fingers really crossed there as I loathe needles!).
Thanks again to all of you who listen & reply. I have made a mental promise to myself to visit this forum often & help others if I ever can. Peace to you all :-)
jcgrome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-25-2013)