Thread: Ablation??
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 11:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Pooh and Fiona
I had RFA in Dec. 2012 on the right side and in Jan. 2013 on the left side on my facet nerves.
I hurt my back twisting and lifting May 2012 and had a series of 4 steroid injection which didn't help at all. The pain just kept getting worse. At first I didn't think the RFA helped but over time I have gotten tremendous relief. I have heard the relief can last from a month or two and up to two years. At this point I get the feeling my lower back gets stuck and kind of locks in place when I reach or bend but it only lasts a few seconds and then releases but no real pain. I hope it lasts!
I do know of someone who has it done every three months to control his back pain.
During all this I learned that the steroid injections can cause spotting for some women. This side effect wasn't mentioned until I mentioned it to my Dr.

Good luck. I hope you find relief. Nursing is such hard work with out pain, I don't know how you manage with the pain.

Sandy Kay
Sandy Kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-25-2013), Hannabananna (03-25-2013), Mark56 (03-25-2013), pooh_ac (03-25-2013)