View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lumosity

Cyclecrash, I just noticed it says you do 15 minutes of Lumosity a day. Do you find it is helpful? I will say that I did more than 15 minutes per day. 15 was my minimum, but I often did up to 45 minutes. It just depended on what kind of day I was having. Then I got addicted the word bubbles and did way more of that than I should have. What can I say, I love word games! Word bubbles probably contributed to my recent setback, although the real culprit for that was online shopping. Scrolling is just really bad for me! Anyway, striking a balance is so imortant, and I really struggle not to get sucked in to the internet's many divertissements.
I have recovered my cognitive function, and I've overcome severe vertigo through sensory integration therapy. Wellbutrin has helped me escape depression. I have recently had a few stress-related migraines, as well as headaches stemming from eye strain. I'm also dealing with tinnitus, lack of stamina, extreme light sensitivity, and eye pain. Diagnosed with 9 different vision issues: convergence insufficiency, pursuit eye movement deficit, egocentric visual midline shift, photophobia, visual information processing delays, accommodative insufficiency, saccadic eye movement deficit, lack of coordination, and central peripheral visual integration deficit.

*First concussion: October 2010. I was pregnant and got rear ended. I associated my mild PCS symptoms with baby brain and blamed my light sensitivity on allergies and dry eyes.
*Second concussion: December 2011. I hit my head on a wooden beam, saw stars but did not lose consciousness, and I had very disturbing PCS symptoms but didn't go to the doctor.
*Third concussion: August 2012. I caused a car accident as a result of PCS symptoms. Thankfully no one was injured but me. My husband confronted me, and I finally sought help and took medical leave from work. My symptoms worsened, and I developed severe vertigo.
*Fourth concussion: November 2012. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were hit head on by a driver who lost control of her car. I didn't have a big increase in PCS symptoms.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote