View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks again Mrs.D. I gave up the wine last week but my symptoms have worsened. I wish it was the wine causing PN but my gut tells me that it was the statin drug I took for almost 2 years.
I plan to continue my very clean eating & not drink a lick of alcohol but I'm wondering what your advice would be as far as supplements go if the toxicity of the statin is the root of my PN issue. Do you think that a drug I stopped taking 5 months ago could suddenly attack my system in such a way? It's hard for me to fathom but I am quite ignorant when it comes to medicine & the ways of the human body.
That being said - Do you still recommend the Thiamin/Benfotamine? And do you agree with the regimen that Wings posted of Vit B12, B-complex, Folate, Vit E, Acetyl -L carnatine & ALA, SAMe, Cal/Mag, Fish Oil, Flax Seed, Milk Thistle, and CoQ-10? I just wanted to get your thoughts before I run off to the health food store and spend our life savings on supplements. :-) Sally also mentioned many of these things including 5HTP for sleep which I could dearly use. I'm willing to do/try anything to get an ounce of improvement as I feel my quality of life diminishing so fast. Thanks again so very much for your time!!!
jcgrome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote