View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't think that stopping Lyrica had anything to do with your spread. Unfortunately some of us just get spread and it is usually initiated by some sort of trauma (though not always). Mine spread after I got a lumbar sympathetic block to treat the RSD in my left ankle...started up in my lower back, then up to my neck, then down into both arms and hands, and finally to the front of my body. Sometimes these things just happen and there's really no one to blame.

Congrats on the weight loss...that's pretty impressive. I gained about 20 lbs when I went on Lyrica the first time, lost 10 of that when I went back to work, then gained another 20 after I had spread...and have now lost about 10 of that since being back at work again (and I've been off all meds now for about a year and a half). Of course...my starting weight was 85 lbs so I'm pretty happy with where I am at now and don't want to lose anymore because I fit into regular clothes now.

One theory in preventing spreads has been that if you place a Lidoderm patch on a new area of injury right away it can sometimes prevent the spread of the RSD to that area. Don't know about any scientific proof of this but several members on this board whose opinions I respect have reported this to be the case in their own experience. They apply the Lidoderm patch and start physical therapy type exercises and desensitization right away. It might be worth a shot next time and on any areas where the spread is most recent.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dshue (03-26-2013)