View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Wife of a husband with a TBI feeling isolated

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site and learned the ins and outs of it. I finally came accross an intro thread. My life came to a hault 9 months ago when I was 9 months pregnant with our first born son and got the call my husband had been in a dirt bike accident. The first few months were beyond stressful dealing with a newborn and my husband with a TBI. Everyone comments on my strength and always says " I dont know how you did/do it." I feel so isolated because I know no one knows what I am going through. I don't wish this upon anyone of course, but feeling alone and isolated is a hard feeling, especailly with you don't have your husband there for you. I am beyond grateful that he survived and is here today by my side and our son has a dad. It is still heartwrenching for me though because he is a completely different person. He gets frustrated and just seems unhappy but won't talk to me or anyone else. I don't know how to talk to him. No matter what I say it's wrong so I try to just keep things light and fun for us and the baby. It's definitely wearing on me. So I came on here to try to find some support. Well baby is up from his nap...Thanks for listening.
Stacyrose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-27-2013), tamiloo (04-17-2013)